Ian's Ravensbourne Blog: Graphics Pathway Week 5

Graphics Pathway Week 5

This week we continued with our workshops. My first workshop was colour and illustration which I found kind of weird. First we had to create a colour wheel with the primary colours and secondary colours, then we had to do the tertiary colours like Umber, Ocre and Sienna. This was interesting but hard to do because mixing paints and trying to engineer a correct colour scale was hard. Then we had to create illustrations using the tertiary colour scale.

I like these pieces because they were a good form of experimentation but they seem plain and boring to me. In addition, the colours are not the kind of choice that i would have used as they are dull. However, I persevered and created three illustrations as per the brief which I am semi proud of.

 (Authors Own, 2013)
 (Authors Own, 2013)
(Authors Own, 2013)

The Final day we had to play with type, then create an album cover. I found this fun and interesting because there are so many things that one can do with type. Blow it up, Space it out, Compress, Scale and so much more. I created six 120mm by 120mm squares and played with different type in each square and then I created a Computer Generated Album cover for a fake band called 'Ultimate Confusion'.

I like these pieces because it is something that I enjoy working with, The album cover is complex yet simple and it catches the eye of potential customers. However, if I had the opportunity to do it again I would play around with the saturation and colouring as it seems too simple.

 (Authors Own, 2013)
(Authors Own, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ian's Ravensbourne Blog Urang-kurai