Ian's Ravensbourne Blog: Timeline

Timeline

We were asked to create a timeline of our experiences this week. We were told that it could be done in any medium and in anyway. I chose to sit on my balcony last night and design the London skyline through my computer. The lights represent the outline of  the Timeline and it is meant to be read from left to right. The reason I chose to do this timeline in such a way is because when we started this week and were told to bring 10 items of relevance it was very open, then with Blade Runner, The Serpentine, The V&A and the burial it became smaller for me. In other words, the beginning of the week I was very confused and everything was so broad and then when I got to the Burial it gave me closure.

I like this image because I think it represents my journey this week, in addition it took a lot of time and editing to come out like it was, yet it seems so simple. I sat on the balcony and started with a black image on my laptop and then I tinkered and played with the way the lights appeared to me across the Thames.

I do not like the fact that it seems too simple, I fear that my work will be underestimated. Therefore, on my next project I will work with a lot more busy area's and make my work seem a lot more complicated.

(Authors Own, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ian's Ravensbourne Blog Urang-kurai