Ian's Ravensbourne Blog: Evaluation of the past 6 weeks

Evaluation of the past 6 weeks

Over the past six weeks at my first year of Ravensbourne, we have gone through multiple stages. It started out with research week, then the IT and Academic Writing week followed by the 3D, Graphics, Lens Based Media and Fashion and Textiles rotations. I really believe that this was a good way to start out because it gave me a taste of all the different aspects within the Foundation Diploma. I really enjoyed working through the different rotations but it was not without difficulty. It was hard to get into working again having been off from school for such a long time but once I got into my rhythm and started applying myself I really began to enjoy it.

My favourite week out of the past 6 definitely has to be the Graphics rotation, I found it enjoyable yet challenging at the same time and I really enjoyed the teaching style of the graphics tutors, especially Andy. I learnt that graphics is not what many people think it will be, there is a lot of typography related work and it is not just about coming up with unique ideas.

Over these past few weeks I have learnt a lot about the different aspects in each rotation, how to research and reference correctly and how to manage my time. Even though I am not fully comfortable with my time management I will work on getting it perfect. The one thing that I have had difficulty with throughout the weeks has been my sketchbook. I am a visual person and also a perfectionist, if something is not to my standard I hate it and with not stop until it is perfect. I do most of my work using digitally aided software and I am not very comfortable with my drawings and hand writing, so I have struggled with my sketchbook enormously. I am still not a hundred percent convinced that it is correct and I do not like the fact that my drawings, sketches and hand writing look untidy and unorganised to me. however, this is something with which I will need to work on and persevere.

All in all, I believe that I have gotten on well throughout the past 6 weeks, I have enjoyed working on my blog and I have enjoyed all the interesting projects set to us in the different rotations. I just really need to keep on working on my sketchbook and my time management so that I can do the best that I know I can in this course and the others I aspire to take on in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ian's Ravensbourne Blog Urang-kurai