Ian's Ravensbourne Blog: 3D Rotation Day 1

3D Rotation Day 1

Our first day of 3D really opened my eyes into what goes on in the pathway. I really enjoyed what the whole pathway was about, the design and making the models. The first day we started with a few sketches from small, meaningless lines and it was interesting what you could make out of them.

On the first day we had to make a water bottle stand that could support a full bottle. I tried to be different and designed my stand with inspiration from a card stack. Unfortunately it did not hold the bottle.

I like the design because it was different and contemporary. I did not like the fact that the design seemed so plain, but in a way it is very minimalistic with crisp clean lines and the pure white colours.

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)


Our second brief was to design something that keeps our body at least 500mm off the ground and had to be made out of 4 pieces of cardboard and masking tape. In addition, we had to design it so that is was "flatpack" like you get from Ikea. I liked this brief because it gave us the opportunity to express ourselves in anyway we wanted.

I decided to design a castle themed stool, with a spacious interior and is easily taken apart or put together. I like the fact that it fits my design idea's however, it seems a bit untidy and it could have been put together a bit better.

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ian's Ravensbourne Blog Urang-kurai