Ian's Ravensbourne Blog: 3D Rotation Day 2

3D Rotation Day 2

Our second day started off with a very interesting brief, we had to design 5 bridges using paper and masking tape, the catch was that after our break we would be put into groups and had to use our designs as a starting point for an actual bridge built to a scale out of thirty bamboo sticks, 10 pieces of cardboard and parcel tape.

I decided to design 5 contemporary and elegant bridges. They had very minimalistic and simple designs which I like to place in my designs because I believe that simplicity is beauty.

I like these designs because as I said, they are simple and beautiful. However, I do believe that there are a few structural problems in a few of the bridges that I dis like. With a bit more time management I would have been able to make the designs more structurally sound, so I just need to work on my time management.

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)
 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)

After our break we were put into groups of 7, within my group we sat and decided which idea would be best and then we got to work. I really enjoyed working with the group and we worked well together producing a working bridge in which a remote control vehicle was able to drive over.

I really like the design of the final model because it is simple and elegant which consists of two bridge designs, a suspension and supported structure. It was easy to build and I like the fact that is was really asymmetrical. I do not like the fact that we had limited materials to work with but it made it more challenging which I enjoyed. 

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)

(Authors Own, 2013)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ian's Ravensbourne Blog Urang-kurai