Ian's Ravensbourne Blog: The Time Capsule Project Continued... The Burial

The Time Capsule Project Continued... The Burial

Are brief for the time capsule project was to bring ten items and then bury them as a time capsule. I chose not bury my capsule per say, but I have hidden it somewhere for someone who only looks really hard to find. I chose to hide it in a discreet area inside my loft behind a huge wardrobe and water heater.

The reason I chose to do that rather than bury it is because it is different and it will be to someone who lives in my old flat.

The first two images were taken to show all of the items that have been placed in my time capsule, I edited them in such a way to create an aesthetically pleasing image. However, I also did it because it highlights the items inside the time capsule.

(Authors Own, 2013)

The one thing that I do not like about this image below is the fact that the light has made it slightly unclear, but in my opinion it still creates an understanding of what is in the capsule.

(Authors Own, 2013)

The next two images are edits of the area where I placed the capsule, the reason I chose to edit them in such a way is because they are dark places and the contrast adds some colour and an extra air of mystery to them.

I like the fact that the wood and white metal is so prominent in the image below and that the other areas are so dark. My only issue is that I could not get round to get a clear image of the actual area the capsule has been placed.

(Authors Own, 2013)

Once again I like the light pieces and dark areas in this image as they add an air of mystery, the one thing that I don't like is that it seems so pixelated. I would have preferred to get around the heater to show a better view of the hiding place. I learnt from this project that I have to plan the areas I photograph a lot more.


(Authors Own, 2013)

(Authors Own, 2013)

The rest of the images are of me placing the capsule. Once again I should of planned it a little bit better because there is not a lot of variety. However, I like the editing aspect of the images as they show light and dark areas.
(Authors Own, 2013)

(Authors Own, 2013)

(Authors Own, 2013)

(Authors Own, 2013)

(Authors Own, 2013)


Through this project I learnt a lot about time management and planning. I really enjoyed the challenge even though I need to realise to look into briefs a lot deeper. I should take a lot more care and forethought into my planning for my future projects and I will enhance my planning and management skills by devising a proper, well thought out plan as soon as I have been assigned with a brief.
























(Authors Own, 2013)

1 comment:

  1. I feel the stylized filter you used on your burial pictures is particularly effective as it presents an eerie and mysterious atmosphere to your images!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Ian's Ravensbourne Blog Urang-kurai