Ian's Ravensbourne Blog: Lens Based Media Rotation Day 1

Lens Based Media Rotation Day 1

On the first day of LBM we started with a presentation about all the elements related to LBM and what the whole course is about. Following the presentation, we were asked to pick an image and sketch it onto an A1 sheet of paper, then crop it in different ways.

I chose to sketch an Image of my television and television stand in my apartment because I go there to relax and I also get a lot of my inspiration through the TV.

I just don't like how the images look so messy and untidy, I would have preferred to have spent a little bit more time on the images making cleaner lines and accentuating the shading a bit more.

I like the different crops of the images as they help you to imagine the image in a different way and persuade you that it is something completely different.

 (Authors Own, 2013)

(Authors Own, 2013)

(Authors Own, 2013)

(Authors Own, 2013)


(Authors Own, 2013)

(Authors Own, 2013)

(Authors Own, 2013)

(Authors Own, 2013)

Once we had done the sketching, we were given a brief that asked us to go out and capture raw, creative photographs that relate to the words :

  • Echo
  • Crushed
  • Fallen
  • Happy
  • Sad
  • Jump
I really enjoyed this because I got to play around with different techniques and foraging for relations of the word with the image. 


Fallen
 (Authors Own, 2013)

Chrushed
(Authors Own, 2013)

 Jump
(Authors Own, 2013)

Echo
(Authors Own, 2013)

 Happy
(Authors Own Image, Photograph taken from Billboard, 2013)

Sad
(Authors Own, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ian's Ravensbourne Blog Urang-kurai