Ian's Ravensbourne Blog: Lens Based Media Rotation Day 3

Lens Based Media Rotation Day 3

On the last day of our LBM pathway we had to produce a 6 frame story through creative photography. I found this an interesting project because there was so much freedom yet it was contained in 6 frames which made it difficult as well.

I chose to do a story about a man who lost his millions and was now homeless with 1 pence left in his life, then he struggled to get to the top of a building and once at the top, pondered his whole life then subsequently jumped to his death. In retrospect, it would have been a lot better if I had introduced a woman with the same situation into the equation, showed them helping each other up the 'ladder of society and wealth' until they we are the top. Then an argument ensued causing the woman to push the man off the building, killing him.

I like the fact that I have done the frames in a black and white setting throughout the 6 frames which create a very dark and sad tone to the whole story. However, I do not like the fact that some images are so dark that you can not see clearly. In retrospect, if I had the opportunity to do this project again, I would introduce the woman and make the editing a little bit more subtle and then I would be happy with the story.

(Authors Own, 2013)

(Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own, 2013)

(Authors Own, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ian's Ravensbourne Blog Urang-kurai