Ian's Ravensbourne Blog: Graphics Pathway Week 2

Graphics Pathway Week 2

On the second week of our graphics pathway we were put into groups of six and told to pick a word at random from a envelope. Our word was "freedom" and we had to create a short video of how we see it, including typography. I found this project hard because freedom is a very open topic. After brainstorming the various ideas with my group we came up with graffiti. The reason we chose graffiti is because it is a form of typography and it is a form of freedom. Graffiti artists can express whatever they feel like (even though it is illegal which is ironic) which is an amazing way to work.

We decided to use a tube map and then zoom in on the random places where we got images and video's of graffiti. My Task in the group was to do all the editing and creating the tube map and the whole flow of the video. I found this very hard because I had never done video editing before but I am partly pleased with the results. If I had the opportunity to do it again and if I had a bit more time, I would work out a way to use the editing software to make a smoother zoom in and out process as well as being able to edit the imagery within the film. All in all I really enjoyed this project because it was a new experience for me.

Group Video Please follow the link for the video.

In addition to the group video, we had to create an individual A3 Poster for our word. I found this very interesting because even though I believe in simple and minimalistic work, graffiti is busy so I used this as a new form of work.

I like the fact that it is so clear and the images all overlap, yet are see through. If I had to do it again, I would add a bit more variety to the work.

(Authors Own, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ian's Ravensbourne Blog Urang-kurai