Ian's Ravensbourne Blog: Graphics Pathway Week 9

Graphics Pathway Week 9

This week we had to reflect and build upon the skills that we have learnt with the mapping and way finding project in the previous week. Our brief was to translate data into a visual and creative representation which I found challenging because the subject was very open, so we could pick any topic which we wanted.

I chose to do a visualisation on the data about smokers versus non-smokers in the United Kingdom from the 1980's to the 2000's, this was hard in the beginning because there is not a broad database kept of the amount of smokers. However, I persevered and got to work. I decided to change the data into two lungs with one side being smokers and the other non-smokers, I did this because it is a perfect representation as smoking effects the lungs and the more one smokes the worse their lungs get. I like this piece because it relates to me as I smoke, but also it meets all the criteria in my brief. I think that it is very eye catching and represents the data truthfully. The only issue I have with this piece is that it looks very commercial which can be good and bad at the same time.

 (Authors Own, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ian's Ravensbourne Blog Urang-kurai