Ian's Ravensbourne Blog: Graphics Pathway Week 10 and 11

Graphics Pathway Week 10 and 11

Over the past two weeks we had to complete 3 projects in 2 weeks which I found as a challenge, however I persevered and worked through the challenge. We had to choose between 6 projects and I chose to do a subversive design project, an illustration cover for a magazine and a photography project. I found this hard to do because time management is very important with assignments like this, but I am glad that I managed to work through it.

The first piece I started on was the subversive design project and chose to use a car brand to play around with. I found this project fun and enlightening because you did not have to be careful about what you said. The most difficult part of this project was coming up with the strap line, I went through many different ideas and came up with one that i thought suited this project at the last minute. Over all, I am glad with the way this project turned out because it communicates exactly what I wanted to say.

 (Authors Own, 2014)

The next piece I started working on was the magazine illustration cover, I really enjoyed working on the layout and overall design of the cover. We had to pick from 2 magazines and then 3 titles for each magazine. I decided to do a cover for the New Scientist with the main cover story about growing organs. This was an interesting piece and the layout was challenging but fun to work out. The hardest aspect of this project was trying to match the colours properly and to create a simplistic but attractive cover. I think that I have met the brief and created a well designed cover. I do not like that there is so much white though, I would have preferred it if I found a way to fill the white spaces but I did not have enough time which is due to poor time management.

(Authors Own, 2014)

This piece was for the photography project, we were given a list of words and we had to pick one. I chose the word "rough" and I had to explore various different ways of communicating the word without any typography. I did various trials and experiments and the very last one was the one that made me happiest. I took a photo of rough concrete and then edited it to enhance the texture, I am pleased with this outcome but this is my least favourite project. I had poor time management over the past 2 weeks and this project was neglected. If I had the opportunity to do this again I would spend a bit more time with trials and experiments and done a bit more research.

(Authors Own, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ian's Ravensbourne Blog Urang-kurai