Ian's Ravensbourne Blog: Graphics Rotation Day 1

Graphics Rotation Day 1

On the first day of our graphics pathway we had a talk from the tutors and then did some drawings with our eyes closed, left handed and our mouths. I found this an interesting way to start the beginning of the pathway, However it was done to create an open mind and to teach us a new way to illustrate designs. Once we had done those quick sketches we were told to do an A1 illustration of an ear of a person on our table.

I chose to focus on Katie's ear because she was sitting directly opposite me and I had a great angle to draw from. I used charcoal because it makes it easier to create distinct marks and textures which I like.

I like the fact that it is dark and you can see the full textures of the ear as well as the earring. It makes me believe that I got the perfect contrast between the dark and the light which creates an eerie effect. I believe that if we had a bit more time than 30 minutes then I would of been able to make it a lot more realistic. This exercise has taught me that I need to work a lot faster.

 (Authors Own, 2013)

 (Authors Own Image, Collection of Students Work, 2013)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Ian's Ravensbourne Blog Urang-kurai